- any poisonous plant belonging to the genus Datura, of the nightshade family, the species of which bear capsules covered with prickly spines, especially the jimson weed, D. stramonium.
- the fruit of certain hawthorns of the genus Crataegus.
- a poisonous solanaceous plant, Datura stramonium, of the N hemisphere, having white funnel-shaped flowers and spiny capsule fruitsUS and Canadian name: jimson weed See also stramonium
- any other plant of the genus Datura
- the fruit of certain types of hawthorn