noun, plural tis. Music.
- the syllable for the seventh tone of a diatonic scale.
- (in the fixed system of solmization) the tone B.
noun, plural tis.
- a widely cultivated tropical plant, Cordyline terminalis, of the agave family, having narrow, leathery, often variegated leaves and yellowish, white, or reddish flowers.
- music a variant spelling of te
noun plural tis
- a woody palmlike agave plant, Cordyline terminalis, of the East Indies, having white, mauve, or reddish flowers. The sword-shaped leaves are used for garments, fodder, thatch, etc, and the root for food and liquor
- a similar and related plant, Cordyline australis, of New Zealand
the chemical symbol for
- The symbol for the elementtitanium
- The symbol for titanium.
- A shiny, white metallic element that occurs in all kinds of rocks and soils. It is lightweight, strong, and highly resistant to corrosion. Titanium alloys are used especially to make parts for aircraft and ships. Atomic number 22; atomic weight 47.87; melting point 1,660°C; boiling point 3,287°C; specific gravity 4.54; valence 2, 3, 4. See Periodic Table.