trichromatism [trahy-kroh-muh-tiz-uh m] Word Origin noun
- the quality or condition of being .
- the use or combination of three colors, as in printing or photography.
- Ophthalmology. normal color vision.Compare , .
Origin of trichromatism First recorded in 1885–90;+ Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019 British Dictionary definitions for trichromatism trichromatism noun
- the use or combination of three primary colours for colour reproduction in photography, printing, television, etc
- rare the state of being trichromatic
Collins English Dictionary – Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012