- not broken; whole; intact.
- uninterrupted; continuous.
- not tamed, as a horse.
- undisturbed; unimpaired.
- complete or whole
- continuous or incessant
- undaunted in spirit
- (of animals, esp horses) not tamed; wild
- not disturbed or upsetthe unbroken silence of the afternoon
- (of a record, esp at sport) not improved upon
- (of a contract, law, etc) not broken or infringed
adj.c.1300, in reference to vows or compacts, from un- (1) “not” + broken. Attested from late 15c. in reference to material things; 1510s in reference to courage, spirit, etc.; 1530s in reference to horses; 1560s in reference to the flow of time.