verb (used without object), co·op·er·at·ed, co·op·er·at·ing.
- to work or act together or jointly for a common purpose or benefit.
- to work or act with another or other persons willingly and agreeably.
- to practice economic cooperation.
- to work or act together
- to be of assistance or be willing to assist
- economics (of firms, workers, consumers, etc) to engage in economic cooperation
v.also co-operate, c.1600, from Late Latin cooperatus, past participle of cooperari “to work together with” (see cooperation). Related: Cooperated; cooperating.