- a protective seal applied to the underside of an automobile to reduce corrosion and vibration.
- a coat or jacket worn under another.
- Zoology. a growth of short fur or hair lying beneath a longer growth.
- an undercoating.
- a coat of paint or the like applied under the finishing coat.
- a paint, sealer, or the like specially prepared for use underneath a finishing coat.
verb (used with object)
- to apply an undercoating to.
- a coat of paint or other substance applied before the top coat
- a coat worn under an overcoat
- zoology another name for underfur
- the US name for underseal
- (tr) to apply an undercoat to (a surface)