- resolute; staunch: the determined defenders of the Alamo.
- decided; settled; resolved.
- Grammar. (of a phonetic feature) predictable from its surrounding context.
- not yet resolved; undecided
- not known or discovered
- of unwavering mind; resolute; firm
adj.mid-15c., from un- (1) “not” + past participle of determine. adj.1560s, “decided,” past participle adjective from determine. Meaning “limited” is from c.1600; that of “characterized by resolution” is from c.1600, of actions; 1772, of persons.