- characterized by or bearing evidence of imagination: an imaginative tale.
- of, relating to, or concerned with imagination.
- given to imagining, as persons.
- having exceptional powers of imagination.
- lacking truth; fanciful.
- lacking in imagination or imaginative thought; dull
- produced by or indicative of a vivid or creative imaginationan imaginative story
- having a vivid imagination
adj.late 14c., ymaginatyf, from Old French imaginatif and directly from Medieval Latin imaginativus, from imaginat-, stem of Latin imaginari (see imagine). Related: Imaginatively; imaginativeness.