verb (used with object), un·plugged, un·plug·ging.
- to remove a plug or stopper from.
- to free of an obstruction; unclog: a pill to unplug clogged arteries.
- to disconnect (an appliance, a telephone, etc.) by removing its plug from an outlet: to unplug a toaster.
- to remove (an electric plug with its cord) from an outlet.
verb (used without object), un·plugged, un·plug·ging.
- to become unplugged.
- to refrain from using digital or electronic devices for a period of time: It’s a great place to relax and unplug.
verb -plugs, -plugging or -plugged (tr)
- to disconnect (an electrical appliance) by taking the plug out of the socket
- to remove a plug or obstruction from