- inability or unwillingness to think or act rationally, reasonably, or sensibly; irrationality.
- lack of reason or sanity; madness; confusion; disorder; chaos: a world torn by unreason.
verb (used with object)
- to upset or disrupt the reason or sanity of: The devious plot soon unreasoned the general.
- based on reason: a carefully reasoned decision.
- containing reasons: a long, reasoned reply.
- well thought-out or well presenteda reasoned explanation
- irrationality or madness
- something that lacks or is contrary to reason
- lack of order; chaos
- (tr) to deprive of reason