verb (used with object), so·lid·i·fied, so·lid·i·fy·ing.
- to make solid; make into a hard or compact mass; change from a liquid or gaseous to a solid form.
- to unite firmly or consolidate.
- to form into crystals; make crystallized.
verb (used without object), so·lid·i·fied, so·lid·i·fy·ing.
- to become solid.
- to form into crystals; become crystallized.
verb -fies, -fying or -fied
- to make or become solid or hard
- to make or become strong, united, determined, etc
v.1799 (transitive); 1837 (intransitive), from French solidifier, from Old French solide (see solid (adj.)) + -fier (see -fy). Related: Solidified; solidifying.