adjective, un·wor·thi·er, un·wor·thi·est.
- not worthy; lacking worth or excellence.
- beneath the dignity (usually followed by of): behavior unworthy of a king.
- of a kind not worthy (often followed by of).
- not of adequate merit or character.
- not commendable or creditable.
- not deserving.
noun, plural un·wor·thies.
- an unworthy person.
- (often foll by of) not deserving or worthy
- (often foll by of) beneath the level considered befitting (to)that remark is unworthy of you
- lacking merit or value
- (of treatment) not warranted or deserved
adj.mid-13c., unwurði, from un- (1) “not” + worthy. Cf. Middle Dutch onwerdich, Dutch onwaardig, Middle Low German unwerdich, Old High German unwirdig, Old Norse uverðugr.