verb (used with object)
- to transfer (software, data, character sets, etc.) from a smaller to a larger computer.
- software, data, etc., that has been uploaded.
- the act or process of uploading.
- (tr) to copy or transfer (data or a program) from one’s own computer into the memory of another computerCompare download (def. 1)
v.by 1980, from up + load (v.). Related: Uploaded; uploading.
- To transfer data or programs from one’s own computer or digital device to a server or host computer. Compare download.