- Harry Ford,1876–1956, U.S. oil businessman: a major figure in the Teapot Dome scandal.
- May,1865?–1946, British novelist.
- Up·ton (Beall) [uhp-tuh n bel] /ˈʌp tən bɛl/, 1878–1968, U.S. novelist, socialist, and reformer.
- a male given name: a family name taken from a French placename, Saint Clair.
- Sir Clive (Marles). born 1940, English electronics engineer, inventor, and entrepreneur, who produced such electronic goods as pocket calculators and some of the first home computers; however, the Sinclair C5 (1985), a small light electric vehicle for one person, proved a commercial failure
- Upton (Beall). 1878–1968, US novelist, whose The Jungle (1906) exposed the working and sanitary conditions of the Chicago meat-packing industry and prompted the passage of food inspection laws