verb (used with object)
- to turn up or over: The farmer upturned clumps of sod with his spade.
- to cause disorder; upheave: The storm upturned the town.
- to direct or turn upward: She upturned her face toward heaven and prayed.
verb (used without object)
- to turn up or upward: Her eyes upturned to see his face.
- chaos or extreme disorder, as in society; an upheaval.
- an upward turn, or a changing and rising movement, as in prices or business.
- to turn or cause to turn up, over, or upside down
- (tr) to create disorder
- (tr) to direct upwards
- an upward turn, trend, or improvement
- an upheaval or commotion