- Sir Anthony. Van Dyck, Sir Anthony.
- Vandyke beard.
- Vandyke collar.
- Printing. a proof having white lines on a brown ground or vice versa, made from a negative for a plate.
- a short, pointed beard.
- a wide collar of lace and linen with the edge formed into scallops or deep points.
- a short pointed beardOften shortened to: Vandyke
- a large white collar with several very deep pointsOften shortened to: Vandyke
“short, pointed beard,” 1894, from the style shown on portraits by Flemish painter Anton Van Dyck (1599-1641); earlier “a type of collar with a deep cut edge” (1755) also from a style depicted in his paintings.