- pertaining to, composed of, or provided with vessels or ducts that convey fluids, as blood, lymph, or sap.
- biology anatomy of, relating to, or having vessels that conduct and circulate liquidsa vascular bundle; the blood vascular system
1670s, from Modern Latin vascularis “of or pertaining to vessels or tubes,” from Latin vasculum, diminutive of vas “vessel.”
- Of, relating to, or containing blood vessels.
- Relating to the vessels of the body, especially the arteries and veins, that carry blood and lymph.
- Relating to or having xylem and phloem, plant tissues highly specialized for carrying water, dissolved nutrients, and food from one part of a plant to another. Ferns and all seed-bearing plants have vascular tissues; bryophytes, such as mosses, do not. See more at phloem xylem.