noun, plural Vi·et·cong.
- a Communist-led army and guerrilla force in South Vietnam that fought its government and was supported by North Vietnam.
- a member or supporter of this force.
- of or relating to this force or one of its members or supporters.
noun (in the Vietnam War)
- the Communist-led guerrilla force and revolutionary army of South Vietnam; the armed forces of the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam
- a member of these armed forces
- (modifier) of or relating to the Vietcong or a Vietcong