- the state or fact of being visible.
- the relative ability to be seen under given conditions of distance, light, atmosphere, etc.: low visibility due to fog.
- Also called visual range. Meteorology. the distance at which a given standard object can be seen and identified with the unaided eye.
- the ability to give a relatively large range of unobstructed vision: a windshield with good visibility.
- Typography. legibility(def 2).
- the condition or fact of being visible
- clarity of vision or relative possibility of seeing
- the range of visionvisibility is 500 yards
c.1400, “condition of being visible,” from Late Latin visibilitas (see visible). Meaning “range of vision under given conditions” is from 1914. Sense of “prominence, fame, public attention” is recorded from 1958.