- determination of the concentration, by volume, of a substance in a solution, as by titration.
- determination of the volume of gases or changes in their volume during combination.
- quantitative analysis of liquids or solutions by comparing the volumes that react with known volumes of standard reagents, usually by titrationCompare gravimetric analysis
- quantitative analysis of gases by volume
- Quantitative analysis using accurately measured titrated volumes of standard chemical solutions.
- Analysis of a gas by volume.