- considered as a person who can or does walk or something that walks: The hospital is caring for six walking patients. He’s walking proof that people can lose weight quickly.
- used for or as an aid in walking: She put on her walking shoes and went out.
- suitable for, characterized by, or consisting of walking: True sightseeing is a walking affair. We took a walking tour of Spain.
- of or relating to an implement or machine drawn by a draft animal and operated or controlled by a person on foot: a walking plow.
- of or relating to a mechanical part that moves back and forth.