verb (used with object)
- to bend or twist out of shape, especially from a straight or flat form, as timbers or flooring.
- to bend or turn from the natural or true direction or course.
- to distort or cause to distort from the truth, fact, true meaning, etc.; bias; falsify: Prejudice warps the mind.
- Aeronautics. to curve or bend (a wing or other airfoil) at the end or ends to promote equilibrium or to secure lateral control.
- Nautical. to move (a vessel) into a desired place or position by hauling on a rope that has been fastened to something fixed, as a buoy or anchor.
- Agriculture. to fertilize (land) by inundation with water that deposits alluvial matter.