- a woman who has lost her spouse by death and has not remarried.
- Cards. an additional hand or part of a hand, as one dealt to the table.
- a short last line of a paragraph, especially one less than half of the full measure or one consisting of only a single word.
- the last line of a paragraph when it is carried over to the top of the following page away from the rest of the paragraph.Compare orphan(def 4).
- a woman often left alone because her husband devotes his free time to a hobby or sport (used in combination).Compare golf widow.