noun, plural wom·en [wim-in] /ˈwɪm ɪn/.
- the female human being, as distinguished from a girl or a man.
- an adult female person.
- a female attendant to a lady of rank.
- a wife.
- the nature, characteristics, or feelings often attributed to women; womanliness.
- a sweetheart or paramour; mistress.
- a female employee or representative: A woman from the real estate agency called.
- a female person who cleans house, cooks, etc.; housekeeper: The woman will be in to clean today.
- women collectively: Woman is no longer subordinate to man.