- Alexander,1792–1828, Greek patriot and revolutionary leader.
- his brotherDe·me·tri·os [dih-mee-tree-uh s; Greek th ee-mee-tree-aws] /dɪˈmi tri əs; Greek ðiˈmi tri ɔs/, 1793–1832, Greek patriot and revolutionary leader.
- a city in SE Michigan, W of Detroit.
- Alexander (ˌalekˈsander). 1792–1828, Greek patriot, who led an unsuccessful revolt against the Turks (1821)
- his brother, Demetrios (ðimitriˈɔs). 1793–1832, Greek revolutionary leader; commander in chief of Greek forces (1828–30) during the war of independence