noun, plural zo·ol·o·gies.
- the science or branch of biology dealing with animals.
- a treatise on zoology.
- the animal life of a particular region.
noun plural -gies
- the study of animals, including their classification, structure, physiology, and history
- the biological characteristics of a particular animal or animal group
- the fauna characteristic of a particular region
- a book, treatise, etc, dealing with any aspect of the study of animals
- The scientific study of organisms in the kingdom Animalia, including their growth and structure.