- a canton in central Switzerland. 92 sq. mi. (238 sq. km).
- the capital of this canton, on the Lake of Zug.
- Lake of, a lake in this canton. 15 sq. mi. (39 sq. km).
- a canton of N central Switzerland: the smallest Swiss canton; mainly German-speaking and Roman Catholic; joined the Swiss Confederation in 1352. Capital: Zug. Pop: 102 200 (2002 est). Area: 239 sq km (92 sq miles)
- a town in N central Switzerland, the capital of Zug canton, on Lake Zug. Pop: 22 973 (2000)
- Lake Zug a lake in N central Switzerland, in Zug and Schwyz cantons. Area: 39 sq km (15 sq miles)