- belonging or pertaining to the Acanthopterygii (Acanthopteri), the group of spiny-finned fishes, including the bass and perch.
- an acanthopterygian fish.
- of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- any fish belonging to the Acanthopterygii
- Any of a large group of teleost fishes of the superorder Acanthopterygii, having spiny rays in the dorsal and anal fins and including the bass, perch, mackerel, and swordfish.