- Also called diethylacetal. a colorless, volatile, sparingly water-soluble liquid, C6H14O2, having a nutlike aftertaste, obtained from acetaldehyde and ethyl alcohol: used chiefly as a solvent and in the manufacture of perfumes.
- any of a class of compounds of aldehydes with alcohols.
- 1,1-diethoxyethane; a colourless volatile liquid used as a solvent and in perfumes. Formula: CH 3 CH(OC 2 H 5) 2
- any organic compound containing the group -CH(OR 1)OR 2, where R 1 and R 2 are other organic groups
- A colorless, flammable, volatile liquid used as a solvent.
- Any of the compounds formed from aldehydes combined with alcohol.