- something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed: his remarkable achievements in art.
- the act of achieving; attainment or accomplishment: the achievement of one’s object.
- Heraldry. the full display of the armorial bearings of an individual or corporation.
- Digital Technology. a title or icon associated with a user profile or account that indicates the person’s skill or rank in an online community, especially on a gaming platform.
- something that has been accomplished, esp by hard work, ability, or heroism
- successful completion; accomplishment
- heraldry a less common word for hatchment
late 15c., “act of completing” (something), from Middle French achèvement “a finishing,” noun of action from Old French achever (see achieve). Meaning “thing achieved” is recorded from 1590s.