- a city in and the capital of Somme, in N France: cathedral; battles 1914, 1918, 1944.
- a river in N France, flowing NW to the English Channel: battles, World War I, 1916, 1918; World War II, 1944. 150 miles (241 km) long.
- a department in N France. 2424 sq. mi. (6280 sq. km). Capital: Amiens.
- a city in N France: its Gothic cathedral is the largest church in France. Pop: 135 501 (1999)
- a department of N France, in Picardy region. Capital: Amiens. Pop: 557 061 (2003 est). Area: 6277 sq km (2448 sq miles)
- a river in N France, rising in Aisne department and flowing west to Amiens, then northwest to the English Channel: scene of heavy fighting in World War I. Length: 245 km (152 miles)