- a tree, Melaleuca leucadendron, of the myrtle family, native to Australia and New Guinea, having papery bark and yielding a greenish, aromatic oil (cajeput oil) used in medicine and perfumes.
- a small myrtaceous tree or shrub, Melaleuca leucadendron, native to the East Indies and Australia, with whitish flowers and leaves
- a green aromatic oil derived from this tree, used to treat skin diseases
- a lauraceous tree, Umbellularia californica, whose aromatic leaves are used in medicine
- a variant spelling of cajuput