- containing the amino group.
- a combining form used in the names of chemical compounds in which the amino group is present: aminobenzene.
- (modifier) of, consisting of, or containing the group of atoms -NH 2amino group or radical; amino acid
- indicating the presence of an amino groupaminobenzoic acid
1887, as an element in compound words involving chemicals, from comb. form of amine. Amino acid is attested from 1898.
- Relating to an amine or other compound containing an NH2 group combined with a nonacid organic radical.
- Containing the radical NH2 combined with a nonacid organic radical:aminobenzoic acid.
- Relating to an amine or other chemical compound that contains the group NH2.