- a person or thing that crops.
- a person who raises a crop.
- a person who cultivates land for its owner in return for part of the crop; sharecropper.
- a plant that furnishes a crop.
- a cloth-shearing machine.
- come a cropper, Informal.
- to fail; be struck by some misfortune: His big deal came a cropper.
- to fall headlong, especially from a horse.
- a person who cultivates or harvests a crop
- a cutting machine for removing the heads from castings and ingots
- a guillotine for cutting lengths of bar or strip
- a machine for shearing the nap from cloth
- a plant or breed of plant that will produce a certain kind of crop under specified conditionsa poor cropper on light land
- (often capital) a variety of domestic pigeon with a puffed-out crop
- come a cropper informal
- to fall heavily
- to fail completely