- most amazing or extraordinary.
- best; utmost: They did their damnedest to finish on time.
adjective, superlative damned·est, damnd·est.
- condemned or doomed, especially to eternal punishment: the wailing of damned souls.
- detestable; loathsome: Get that damned dog out of here!
- complete; absolute; utter: a damned nuisance; a damned fool.
- Informal. extraordinary; amazing: It was the damnedest thing I’d ever seen.
- the damned, those condemned to suffer eternal punishment.
- extremely; very; absolutely: a damned good singer; too damned lazy.
- damned well, Informal. certainly or without doubt; emphatically: You damned well better say you’re sorry!Also damn well.
- informal utmost; best (esp in the phrases do or try one’s damnedest)
- condemned to hell
- (as noun)the damned
adverb, adjective slang
- (intensifier)a damned good try; a damned liar; I should damned well think so!
- used to indicate amazement, disavowal, or refusal (in such phrases as I’ll be damned and damned if I care)
also damndest, originally damnedst, 1830, superlative of damned (see damn).