- a person or thing that depresses.
- Surgery. an instrument for pressing down a protruding part, as a tongue depressor.
- a muscle that draws down a part of the body, as the corner of the mouth.Compare levator.
- Also called depressor nerve.a nerve that, when stimulated, induces a decrease in activity, as a slowed heartbeat.
- a person or thing that depresses
- any muscle that draws down a part
- med an instrument used to press down or aside an organ or parta tongue depressor
- Also called: depressor nerve any nerve that when stimulated produces a fall in blood pressure by dilating the arteries or lowering the heartbeat
- Any of various muscles that act by drawing down a part of the body.
- Something that depresses or retards functional activity.
- An instrument used to push certain structures out of the way during an operation or examination.
- An agent that lowers blood pressure.hypotensor
- A nerve that when stimulated acts to lower arterial blood pressure.