- in a fair manner; justly or honestly; impartially.
- moderately; tolerably: a fairly heavy rain.
- properly; legitimately: a claim fairly made.
- clearly; distinctly: fairly seen.
- Chiefly Southern U.S.
- actually; completely: The wheels fairly spun.
- almost; practically: He slipped off the roof and fairly broke his neck.
- Obsolete. softly.
- Obsolete. courteously.
- (not used with a negative) moderately
- as deserved; justly
- (not used with a negative) positively; absolutelythe hall fairly rang with applause
- archaic clearly
- obsolete courteously