- pertaining to or produced by galvanism; producing or caused by an electric current.
- affecting or affected as if by galvanism; startling; shocking: the galvanic effect of his speech.
- stimulating; energizing: Her galvanic presence brought the party to life.
- Also: voltaic of, producing, or concerned with an electric current, esp a direct current produced chemicallya galvanic cell
- informal resembling the effect of an electric shock; convulsive, startling, or energeticgalvanic reflexes
- Relating to electricity generated by a chemical reaction. A galvanic cell is an electric cell, such as found in household and car batteries, that makes use of galvanic reactions to act as a power source. See Note at battery.