- a hardy plant, Allium sativum, of the amaryllis family whose strongly, pungent bulb is used in cookery and medicine.
- any of various other plants of the genus Allium.
- the bulb of such a plant, consisting of smaller bulbs, or cloves, used in cooking, sometimes in the form of a powder or flakes.
- the flavor or smell of this bulb.
- cooked, flavored, or seasoned with garlic: garlic bread; garlic salt.
- of or relating to garlic.
- a hardy widely cultivated Asian alliaceous plant, Allium sativum, having a stem bearing whitish flowers and bulbils
- the bulb of this plant, made up of small segments (cloves) that have a strong odour and pungent taste and are used in cooking
- (as modifier)a garlic taste
- any of various other plants of the genus Allium