- a woven fabric covering for a helmet in medieval times to protect it from heat, rust, etc.
- a curtain or drapery covering the upper part of an opening, as a door or window, or suspended from a shelf.
- Heraldry. mantling.
- a band of decoration near the top of the body of a vase.
- an ornamental hanging covering the edge of a shelf or the upper part of a window or door
- a border pattern giving a draped effect, used on ceramics, etc
- (as modifier)a lambrequin pattern
- (often plural) a scarf worn over a helmet
- heraldry another name for mantling