- Biology. consisting of organisms descended from a single taxon.
- relating to or characterized by descent from a single ancestral group of animals or plants
- (of animals or plants) of or belonging to a single stock
- Descended or derived from one original stock or source.
- Of or being the theory that all blood cells are derived from one common stem cell.
- Relating to a taxonomic group that contains all the descendants of a single common ancestor. All clades, such as birds and placental mammals, are monophyletic. Compare paraphyletic polyphyletic.