- a sociocultural classification of modern humans with darker pigmentation of the skin than is characteristic in people of European descent.
- a person who is not a member of the group in a society with lighter colored skin; a person of color.
- not belonging to the societal group marked by slight pigmentation of the skin and European descent: the nonwhite peoples of Africa and Asia; Both immigration and births contributed to nonwhite population growth in the most recent census.
- of or relating to nonwhite persons or peoples.
- a person not of the Caucasoid or White race