- effusively and almost uninhibitedly enthusiastic; lavishly abundant: an exuberant welcome for the hero.
- abounding in vitality; extremely joyful and vigorous.
- extremely good; overflowing; plentiful: exuberant health.
- profuse in growth or production; luxuriant; superabundant: exuberant vegetation.
- abounding in vigour and high spirits; full of vitality
- lavish or effusive; excessively elaborateexuberant compliments
- growing luxuriantly or in profusion
adj.mid-15c., from Middle French exubérant and directly from Latin exuberantem (nominative exuberans) “overabundance,” present participle of exuberare “be abundant, grow luxuriously,” from ex- “thoroughly” + uberare “be fruitful,” related to uber “udder,” from PIE root *eue-dh-r- (see udder). Related: Exuberantly; exuberate; exuberating. adj.
- Proliferating or growing excessively.