- constituted again, especially of a liquid product made by adding water to dry solids from which the water has been evaporated: reconstituted orange juice.
verb (used with object), re·con·sti·tut·ed, re·con·sti·tut·ing.
- to constitute again; reconstruct; recompose.
- to return (a dehydrated or concentrated food) to the liquid state by adding water: to reconstitute a bouillon cube with hot water.
verb (used without object), re·con·sti·tut·ed, re·con·sti·tut·ing.
- to undergo reconstitution; become reconstituted.
- to restore (food, etc) to its former or natural state or a semblance of it, as by the addition of water to a concentratereconstituted lemon juice
- to reconstruct; form again
1790, from re- “back, again” + constitute (v.). Related: Reconstituted; reconstituting.