- that which is required; a thing demanded or obligatory: One of the requirements of the job is accuracy.
- an act or instance of requiring.
- a need or necessity: to meet the requirements of daily life.
- something demanded or imposed as an obligationLatin is no longer a requirement for entry to university
- a thing desired or needed
- the act or an instance of requiring
1520s, “request, requisition,” from require + -ment. Meaning “things required, a need” is from 1660s. Meaning “that which must be accomplished, necessary condition” is from 1841. Related: Requirements.
see meet the requirements.