- destitute or deprived of sensation; unconscious.
- lacking mental perception, appreciation, or comprehension.
- stupid or foolish, as persons or actions.
- nonsensical or meaningless, as words: This letter is either cryptic or senseless.
- lacking in sense; foolisha senseless plan
- lacking in feeling; unconscious
- lacking in perception; stupid
adj.1550s, “without sensation,” from sense (n.) + -less. Of actions, etc., “devoid of purpose, proceeding from lack of intelligence,” it is attested from 1570s. Related: Senselessly; senselessness.