- different, dissimilar, or unequal; not alike: They contributed unlike sums to charity.
- dissimilar to; different from: She is unlike my sister in many ways.
- not typical or characteristic of: It is unlike her to enjoy herself so much.
- a person or thing differing from another or others.
- not alike; dissimilar or unequal; different
- archaic unlikely
- not like; not typical ofunlike his father, he lacks intelligence
adj.c.1200, “not resembling,” from un- (1) “not” + like (adj.). Cf. Old English ungelic, Old Frisian unlik, Old Norse ulikr, Middle Danish ulige.