< /ˈæs əˌnaɪ/.
- Botany. one of the small drupelets or berries of an aggregate, baccate fruit, as the blackberry.
- a berry, as a grape or currant.
- a minute rounded lobule.
- the smallest secreting portion of a gland.
noun plural -ni (-ˌnaɪ)
- anatomy any of the terminal saclike portions of a compound gland
- botany any of the small drupes that make up the fruit of the blackberry, raspberry, etc
- botany obsolete a collection of berries, such as a bunch of grapes
- Relating to an acinus.
n. pl. ac•i•ni (-nī′)
- Any of several minute grape-shaped secretory portions of an acinous gland.