- defective development or congenital absence of a limb, organ, or other body part.
- relating to or characterized by aplasia
- failing to develop into new tissue; defective in the regeneration of tissue, as of blood cellsaplastic anaemia
- pathol congenital absence or abnormal development of an organ or part
1885, medical Latin, from Greek a-, privative prefix (see (3)), + .
- Unable to form or regenerate tissue.
- Of, relating to, or characterized by aplasia.
- Congenital absence of an organ or tissue.
- Incomplete, retarded, or defective development of an organ or tissue.
- Cessation of the usual regenerative process in an organ or tissue.