- pertaining to eyeglasses that do not contain a curvature for correcting vision defects: plano sunglasses.
- a town in N Texas.
- a combining form meaning “flat,” “plane,” used in the formation of compound words: planography.
- a combining form meaning “moving,” “capable of movement,” used in the formation of compound words: planogamete.
adverb Chiefly Law.
- without argument.
- by manifest right; plainly.
- indicating flatness or planenessplano-concave
alternative form of Latin plani- “flat, level,” but also used in sciences as a comb. form of Greek planos “wandering” (see planet). pref.